Take a look at setfenv() / lua_setfenv() in the lua manual.

Raymond Jacobs skrev:
Greetings All,
I am having a bit of an issue with the system I've made. I have a single lua_State with a number of registered C functions in it. whenever I want to execute another script file, I make a new co-routine (from C), I load the lua code into this new co-routine, and then call a function on it. the issue is that all of these different script files have functions of the same name, and it seems that if i have previously loaded a script with the function 'onCreate' in it, and I load a new script which doesn't have an onCreate function (yet it tries to call it) it will find the previously loaded onCreate function, I would rather that it say onCreate doesn't exist (since it is not in the script I've loaded), but it seems whatever code i load all of the functions get stored into the global state, is this right? and if so how can I solve it? a brute force idea is to clear all the functions from the global state before loading a new script
but that sounds awful =/
any info is appreciated, thanks! Raymond Jacobs
Owner,
Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.edigames.com <http://www.edigames.com>