Mike Pall wrote:

You need to use a STACKSIZE statement in the .def file.

[...]

The memory for the Fiber stacks is managed by Windows and does
not count towards the Lua memory size.

You should also use the attached interim patch to deallocate
stacks early. This will help reduce memory contention, too.
Yes, a variation of it will be part of the next release.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, in this case I don't really need CoCo functionality, but I'll never hit that limit in reality. (I'm stress-testing an i/o library)

ps I also managed to get a most entertaining error when I ran LuaJit (and obviously my whole pc) out of memory :

"The system dll user.dll was relocated in memory.....
The DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll (was to blame....)
The vendor supplying the dll should be contaced..."

Can you guess who that dll is signed/copyrighted by ?

Adrian.