Hi,

I'm sorry... :-( I only wanted to point you about the availability of pthreads with real cancellation on Windows.

Is Windows capable to cancel threads? : no.
Did somebody make a workaround for that?: yes, pthreads-win32+QueueUserAPCEx

I am not mad or anything! It was supposed to be a joke. :) I
am sorry if I sounded arrogant. I had already looked into
pthread-win32.  It falls in the category of the cygwin
select kludge.

I try to rephrase this politely: there is no way I am using
this disgusting hack! Oops. :)

These things only make sense when you are porting some
monstruous software from unix to win32 and must absolutely
have the same behavior on both systems.

Since there is no large LuaThread codebase, we can simply
change the semantics of the library so it is possible to
implement without sacrificing simplicity.

[]s,
Diego.