Hi,

Pthreads-win32 will automatically detect if the
QueueUserAPCEx DLL QuserEx.DLL is available and whether
the driver AlertDrv.sys is loaded. If it is not
available, pthreads-win32 will simulate async
cancelation, which means that it can async cancel only
threads that are runnable. The simulated async
cancellation cannot cancel blocked threads.  ..."

<flame>
From your message, I can't tell if you sent this to agree
with me that it is impossible to cancel a thread on Windows,
or to disagree. I believe this paragraph agrees with my
point.
</flame>

Regards,
Diego.