Hi,

I have come to the conclusion that preemptive threading was created not
to support blocking calls but instead to support computer science
master's degrees!

I have the exact same opinion. I envision LuaThread being
used so kids can learn how to program multithreaded
applications. Then, when they grow up, they can go
assynchronous instead. :)

We can use a condition variable and a counter to make sure
we only exit lua_close when all threads are done. Is this a
good solution? I think it is ok.

That's what I did in my own threading library.

That's good. I am about to settle for that.

The next time I think I need preemptive threading in Lua I will use
someone else's better design.

I wonder when that will happen... :)

[]s,
Diego.