bert wrote:
Hi,
I'm working on a piece of software in LUA that might be part of a commercial application later on (or might become the application by itself, since LUA is so nice...) and I'm trying to find out if there is a good way to protect LUA code from the outside world? Of course I could compile it using luac, but that wouldn't stop somebody from disassembling it and getting the source code? Thanks,
Bert
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman5/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com> and save big.

There are two ways,

1. Encrypt your source files (either bytecode or real source) - This is the only real way.

2. Obfuscating your bytecode files (luac output) be different means. you could change lopcodes.h so you use your own opcodes-order ... that would require a fair amount of analyse.

/Erik