On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:45:23 +0200 Grosch Franz-Josef (CR/AEA3-Fr) *
wrote:
> My point of view is: A module is a globally unique unit. As soon as it
> is loaded (by require, preloaded or predefined) is has a globally
> unique name.
>
> I regard it as a design error, if I happen to build a system that
> loads two different modules with the same name.

With the require you don't have the choice ... modules names must be
different. And it is not a problem as long as you don't touch your
package.path.

But you may have a programm that uses a global variable and require a
module that itself require a module of the global variable's name.
If the module create a global table, the global variable used by the
programm will be deleted...

Mildred

--
Mildred       <xmpp:mildred@jabber.fr> <http://mildred632.free.fr/>