At 03:21 24/4/2006, Asko Kauppi wrote:
What I'd actually expect :) is Lua Binaries to supervise any
packaging activities, to make sure certain common rules are observed
throughout architectures. Then have individual developers take care
of the particular packaging infrastructure. Is LuaBinaries listening? :)

YES! We are listening... :) Sorry about the delay on feedback about the fink package.

In the ideal world of the week with 14 days, we would like to have RPM, fink and others under LuaBinaries. But we simply do not have the time to do it, at least for the moment.

In fact we do supervise packaging activities on the list. For example, the Debian package uses a nomenclature in UNIX different than ours, but it seems to be binary compatible, so a link solves the problem. Another example is that apparently Fedora needs its own naming convention. BTW there is a Lua 5.0.2 package already available in Fedora using the Add/Remove Programs clone in the GNOME interface.

About the Lua fink package I did not try it. Since I struggle with fink the last time I tried to install what I want, my motivation was drowned way... My Mac is now offline after the last update from Apple, don't know what happen, the local network is working but it does not access the Internet. So I will need first to fix this.

For now LuaBinaries is a "binaries only" distribution. How to install that binary on the system is another step we still have to make.

Best,
scuri