Hi,

We've successfully been using "require" in lua 5.1 under mac osx 10.4.5
to dynamically load external C functions with bindings constructed with tolua++.
But what I'd like to do is edit and recompile the C functions, and then
reload them, without exiting and re-entering the lua interpreter.

If you just say "require" again, nothing happens, as there is an entry in
package.loaded[name].  I've tried setting package.loaded[name] = nil,
and this will load any new functions added, but previously registered functions
stay the same, even if I set func = nil before the second "require".
The old function is living somewhere, and gets reattached to the name "func".

How can I load in new versions of the old functions? It might be nice to have
a function "reload" to go along with "require".

Thanks, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

rob