Oliver Schoenborn wrote:
[...snip for brevity...]
It is a nice little package which links to a dll of around 176K on win32. It has no dependencies other than Lua and is designed for Lua 5.1.

When I get the chance I will release this as a package and do better docs. But please use or leverage it as you see fit...

Worth looking into for sure. I'm not super keen on using class inheritance (could get messy when MyClass inherits from other stuff and they too use Function::Object, perhaps you could comment on that), but lots of good ideas there, and maybe some code to re-use?

The really nice thing about the system is that you work very naturally in both C++ and Lua. It certainly has an issue with multiple inheritance. You can only register functions from the first superclass. But this can be overcome by using an adaptor to functions in subsequent superclasses in the first one.

YMMV, but we have built lots of Objects with this system and it works really well. But please use as much or as little as is useful to you...

--
chris marrin              ,""$, "As a general rule,don't solve puzzles
chris@marrin.com        b`    $  that open portals to Hell" ,,.