On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:09 am, Doug Currie wrote:
> It would be nicest to use these to createa scheduler and APIs that
> initiate a request; suspend the coroutine until completion; resume the
> coroutine.

given these primitives, it's really simple.  check my sample scheduler in
HelperThreads, less than 70 lines

it seems we all mostly agree on how the Lua API should look, but on the C side
they're all too different.  Any serious proposal should specify a stable C
API to write new libraries and make them work with the same Lua scheduler.

part of the problem is that AIO support is relatively new on most systems, so
each one has it's own API, not only incompatible, but structurally different.

--
Javier