Hi,

I was wondering if we have a robust solution for having two version of
Lua installed at the same time. Surely, we can have different
directories for all the extension libraries, and different names for the
interpreters. But right now there is a colision in the name of the
environment variables LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH.

Sure, we can fix Compat-5.1 to use LUA_PATH50 and LUA_CPATH50, or
something similar. But when Lua 5.2 is released, it would be nice if a
standard was in place. During transitions and especially for developers
of libraries, it would be great to have both versions working at the
same time.

Regards,
Diego.