On Mar 22, 2006, at 18:53, Adam D. Moss wrote:

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
The programs in there do not really test anything; they are merely
examples of Lua code. Moreover, they're not really good examples of
Lua code (some of them come from old Lua versions).

As 'tests' I've found them near-useless, but as examples I
found them *PRICELESS* when trying out Lua for the first
few days.

I think the real solution is to:
1) call them examples, not tests :)
2) fix or replace them to the point where you can be proud
to call them good, simple examples of Lua code.

I agree with this. It's curious that I never found looked in this directory until this discussion.

David Jones