> I believe we need some C support. I was thinking about creating a
> layer in C that implements a libevent-like dispatch loop but that
> uses opaque descriptors. Those could be fds on UNIX or HANDLEs on
> Windows.

This support should also incorporate the spawn discussion of a while
back.  I.e. properly support "inheritance" via fcntl/FD_CLOEXEC vs.
SetHandleInformation etc. over implementations.  Also, read/write/etc.
actions on fd/Handle should behave the same, e.g. consistent
blocking/EOF/error behaviour for fifo's and named pipes, etc.  This,
combined with consistent AIO handling, was the reason that I did not
finish such a lib that I started some time ago.  It would still be
very welcome though...

--
Wim