I'm using python and some c libraries for an application. Part of the functionality was to allow users to write some python scripts and run them on my servers. I'm currently using python for the user scripts but am going to give that up since its too easy for some malicious script to bring down my system. I started looking around at other options and stumbled across lua. Putting python with lua I quickly came across the lua-python library at:

http://labix.org/lunatic-python

I have Numeric arrays that I use extensively in my application. Can those be accessed above using the above library? Here's the c type for numeric arrays.

cdef extern from "Numeric/arrayobject.h":

  struct PyArray_Descr:
      int type_num, elsizeNeed help
      char type

  ctypedef class Numeric.ArrayType [object PyArrayObject]:
      cdef char *data
      cdef int nd
      cdef int *dimensions, *strides
      cdef object base
      cdef PyArray_Descr *descr
      cdef int flags
      cdef object weakreflist

I don't have visual dev installed on my laptop so have not been able to try out the above library?

If the numeric array is not supported, how much effort would it be to support it? Also, I saw someone post on the lua for adding hooks which allow you to restrict how much memory and cpu time function calls take: (using lua_getgccount) would the sandbox env work with your library?

I don't know python or lua internals and would need help extending this. Is anyone on this list interested in extending the above library. I would pay for the work.

Thanks,

VJ