Hi,

Jim Mellander wrote:
> I've been using Luajit 1.0.3 for my application with no problems on
> FreeBSD 4.10
>
> I built LuaJIT 1.1.0 ('make bsd') on the same system, and get the
> following problem:
> [...]
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)

This looks like a problem with SSE2 code generation. It seems
your kernel doesn't know how to deal with it even though your CPU
supports it?

I don't have access to a system with such an old version of
FreeBSD. But a little research shows that SSE support must be
explicitly enabled for 4.x with 'options CPU_ENABLE_SSE'. If your
kernel doesn't have this, then you need to recompile it with this
option.

Bye,
     Mike