On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, PA wrote:

On Mar 29, 2006, at 17:04, Reuben Thomas wrote:

By experimentation, I just found that error() produces no output (just what I wanted), but the manual doesn't document this case. Is this an oversight, or is the behaviour non-standard? (I'm using John Belmonte's Debian package.)

I would guess "non-standard", at least in the lua interpreter.

error( "Duh!" )

lua: TestTable.lua:322: Duh!
stack traceback:
       [C]: in function 'error'
       TestTable.lua:322: in main chunk
       [C]: ?

You misunderstand: I'm talking about error called with no arguments. error with arguments works as advertised in the manual.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | Floc: an egregiously good aperitif