Tomas wrote:

    Hi

I have installed Lua 5.0 on my small Linux system. The core stuff works fine. I am now trying to use the "luafilesystem" package from the Kepler project. I have compiled it and placed it on my system without problems. When I run the test program that comes with lfs I get the following error:

/bin/lua: /usr/local/lib/lua/compat-5.1.lua:113: error loading module `lfs' (/usr/local/lib/lfs.so:1: invalid control char near `char(127)')

    The error message "error loading module `??'" is produced by
the loader which is called by `require'. The message "invalid control..."
is produced by Lua's lexer.  It seems you're trying to load a binary
library (lfs.so) as a Lua library. Check your package.path and package.cpath
in compat-5.1.lua.

    Tomas

Aha. I had

LUA_CPATH = /usr/local/lib/?.so