Another basic 5.1 module question:

Within:

module "a"

how do I use functions from other modules, e.g. string.find &c.? I can do

local string = string
module "a"

but this is rather ugly, especially for functions in the top level, which I then have to treat one at a time:

local require, print = require, print

Also, what if I want to use functions from a module required by the current one, e.g.

local require = require
module "a"
require "b"
b.foo()

? I don't see how I can do a "local b = b" here, as "b" isn't defined before I do 'module "a"' in general.

I guess I don't really understand the way that module modifies the environment yet...

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | perfect, a.  unsatirizable