Hello:

One apparently missing feature in Lua's user-supplied allocator support is a way for the allocator to be notified when it's already needed, so it can free associated resources. For instance, on Windows, if I write a function that creates a new heap, then creates a new Lua state with an allocator which uses that heap, then it seems that I have to keep a pointer to that heap and free it myself after calling lua_close. Is this correct, or is there a way my allocator can determine when it's no longer needed? Thanks.

--
Matt Campbell
Lead Programmer