>> any thoughts about Gavin's tweak from the rest of the list?

AQ>      The fewer keystrokes are not worth the loss of readability.

same thing here. I like that luas syntax is immediately readable by
people who have seen a few other programming languages. The same is
not true for perl and a lot of other "my favorite" languages. Having
written quite a bit of code in scheme, I don't mind braces at all :-)

I also like that luas syntax is (at least almost) ll(1), which is
something I find highly desirable from a technical point of view. But
this is actually commenting on an earlier post suggesting extensions
which in fact introduce ambiguities into the syntax. Don't do that.
It's evil. Honestly.

Gunnar