On Thursday 02 March 2006 19:54, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > I have always thought it would be a major help to embedders if the Lua
> > source NEVER used the I/O routines from the C standard library directly.
>
> The Lua core does not use stdio, except for sprintf.

I'm sorry, my terminology wasn't correct.

The Lua language core itself doesn't use stdio, true. However, you can't
really get anything done without loading lbaselib, lauxlib, ldblib and
loadlib, and they *do*. ldblib in particular contains a number of essential
functions such as get/setfenv and get/setmetatable, but it also contains
debug, which calls fgets and fputs.

I'll clean up my patch and post it; it's not particularly complicated, but may
be useful to someone.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
+- www.cowlark.com --+