Just to notice, LuaBinaries distribution in LuaForge will contain the bin2c binary for Lua 5.1.

  The bin2c for Lua 5.1 beta is broken.

Best,
scuri

At 20:28 1/3/2006, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> I noticed that bin2c was dropped from Lua 5.1, presumably because
> lua_dobuffer no longer exists in lauxlib.

No, it was dropped because it was easy to write it in Lua and we want
fewer things in the tarball, specially peripheral things like bin2c.

> Will bin2c ever be re-written for Lua 5.1?

Not officially, but it's easy to write your own, as previous posts in this
thread have shown.
--lhf