Lisa Parratt writes:
> > I mention this in part because in Perl
>
> Why does everyone always suggest features from that aborted
> abomination of a language, rather than ones from SPARK, Z, or other
> languages with a bit of class and back bone?

Well, the feature in question (syntactically sugary closures) is in Smalltalk
and (therefore) Ruby, both of which have class.  (Or, at least, classes.)
I imagine Perl adopted it from there.

I'm personally a fan of any syntax that makes abstraction easier to type.

Lua:  function () return foo + bar end
Smalltalk:  [ foo + bar ]