Hello again,

I now understand how the function works; I mistakingly opened the
wrong library file when trying to read how the function operates.

The file cgi.lua contains a sort of wrapper function for the file
cgilua.lua, which contains the real cgilua.contenttype() function
definition. Once I figured this out, everything became clear: "type"
and "sub-type" are ultimately written as "Content-type:
type/sub-type\n\n".

Sorry for the confusion; I hope that this message serves to help
someone else, in the future.

Thanks,
Jeff Wilges