Hello Mark:

Perhaps the problem is that these two lauxlib functions are not used by the main program or any other lauxlib functions, so they aren't included in the main program. This is possible, if the AIX linker includes only the referenced functions in a given object file. The solution, then, is to make a shared library out of all the files that go in liblua.a, and link both the main program and your extension library against this shared library. If I'm not mistaken, this is the recommended way of doing things anyway, when extensions are loaded as shared libraries. I hope this helps.

--
Matt Campbell
Lead Programmer