[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: is there an "improved interactive mode"?
- From: "Pavol Severa" <pavol.severa@...>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:53:01 +0100
I'd like to ask if there is a version (or a patch to) the lua
executable that would make the interactive mode more "pleasant" (e.g.
when using as a calculator :). I mean the following:
If an expression is entered (not a statement), it would be evaluated
(by entering an expression I mean writing it at the '>'-prompt; inside
a block (written at the '>>'-prompt) they'd better behave as now, i.e.
(mostly) be a syntax error)
I imagine there are some formal problems:
1. a function call is a valid statement - still it would be nice if
its results were printed (except when it's nil)
2. lot more that I don't see
[Maybe, when a table is entered, it could be printed not as 'table:
somenumber', but by showing its content (I definitely don't mean
changing the builtin print function, just changing the behavior when
entering a table at the prompt, which is currently a syntax error)]