On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 07:19:44AM -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua needs a filename for error messages. We could replace the original
> filename by "?" or something like that, but filenames do not take much
> space anyway in precompiled chunks (they appear once only).
> Do you *need* to remove filenames?

That depends on usage.  I have one type of data file that consists of
hundreds (maybe over a thousand) individually compiled Lua chunks,
each of the form eg. "return function(self) self:a(); self:b(); end".
It could be redesigned, but this was bolted onto an existing system
and doing it this way is convenient.

--
Glenn Maynard