Hi,

Alex Queiroz wrote:
> On 2/14/06, mfmorss@aep.com <mfmorss@aep.com> wrote:
> > xlc -I/mydirectory/include -L/mydirector/lib -llua -lm -o dummy.so
> > -qmkshrobj dummy.c
>
>      There may be a problem, tough. The whole Lua library is being
> linked into the dummy module, which is undesirable. This can quickly
> take much space if you are going to use lots of modules.

There are more problems because the different instances of the
Lua core don't know of each other but compare pointers to globals.
This leads to subtle failure scenarios.

It's mentioned on the Wiki:

  http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules
  Section: "Do Not Link Modules to the Lua Core Libraries"

I'd like to add a definitive solution for AIX + xlc to the page.
Please keep us updated.

Bye,
     Mike