Hmm.  Can you suggest what I could do to get lua_pushnil (or any other Lua
API function that I would call) recognized without linking in the whole Lua
library?   Do you know if this is merely caused by my having lualib.a in a
nonstandard location, or is there something more fundamental?

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power

             Alex Queiroz
             <asandroq@gmail.c
             Sent by:                  Lua list
             lua-bounces@bazar         <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
             2.conectiva.com.b                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: SUCCESS installing Lua 5.1 on
             02/15/2006 07:07          AIX 5.2
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Lua list
             <lua@bazar2.conec
               tiva.com.br>

Hallo,

On 2/14/06, mfmorss@aep.com <mfmorss@aep.com> wrote:
> I finally been able to demonstrate that have Lua 5.1 running with dynamic
> the correct command to compile dummy.c (specified below) was:
>
> xlc -I/mydirectory/include -L/mydirector/lib -llua -lm -o dummy.so
> -qmkshrobj dummy.c

     There may be a problem, tough. The whole Lua library is being
linked into the dummy module, which is undesirable. This can quickly
take much space if you are going to use lots of modules.

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/