On Saturday 11 February 2006 21:36, Gavin Kistner wrote:
[...]
> Although I love the idea of putting attributes in the table itself, I
> decided to go the safer route so I can be sure that there will be no
> collisions between attributes of the element and 'meta' attributes I
> want convenient access to.

You could always use invalid attribute names --- tag[" private"] is one.
Alternatively, and possibly more cleanly, put your user data in a seperate
table completely --- userdata[tag].private, for example.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Why should we put ourselves out of our way to
+- www.cowlark.com --+