Hi,

FYC

the following patch against lua-5.1-rc3 allows the lexer to recognize
hexadecimal numerals in the form 0xa1234

The one thing I realy have problems with lua is the lack of hex numerals.

I've been working into embeding lua to ethereal, not being able to use
hex numerals makes some things very hard to do, try expressing an IP
mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0) as a decimal (4294967040) instead of hex
(0xffffff00) and you will understand what I intend.

I would love not to have to write a preprocessor that does it. So I
decided to try to have this included into lua-5.1 before I get into
writing a preprocessor.

Thanks for your consideration.

Luis

-- Marshall McLuhan