I am installing Lua 5.1 on AIX 5.2.

The discussion in "INSTALL" advises you to enable dynamic loading if it is
supported on your platform.  I believe it is supported on AIX, but when I
looked in Makefile, src/Makefile and src/luaconfig.h, I could not find any
parts relevant to enabling dynamic loading.  I went ahead and did "make
posix" and "make install," which did install Lua, but I don't know if I
have dynamic loading enabled.  I suspect I do not.

Could someone suggest what I need to do to enable dynamic loading?

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power