On 1/26/06, D Burgess <dburgess@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/06, Klaus Ripke <paul-lua@malete.org> wrote:
> > No, async IO (like aio or the win overlapping style) is very rarely used
> > in webservers, and many do not even use nonblocking IO but rely on a
> > thread or process pool to just do the waiting.
> >
> This is incorrect. Zeus (which I think hosts the Lua website) is a
> non-blocking webserver (which wins most of the benchmarks).

Zeus and Lighttpd are implemented in almost exactly the same manner.
Check out the source for lighttpd since Zeus is commercial. The source
code is small and easy to understand.

http://www.lighttpd.net/

Lighttpd beats everything out there except for Zeus and Zeus only has
a slim lead over it.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com