Erik Hougaard wrote:
> Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>
>> The tarball at http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.1-rc.tar.gz has been
>> replaced by one containing the fixes suggested so far. Since there have
>> been a few of those, we shall wait a little longer before freezing Lua
>> 5.1.
>>
>> Please take a look and send us your comments or post them here.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>> --lhf
>>

> So should it be named RC2 to  avoid confusions ?
>
> /Erik

I second that.  Please don't modify your released tarballs-- work, beta,
release candidate, or otherwise.  Any might get packaged downstream.
Consider that package development involves taking a known upstream
source, possibly applying patches, and building.  Really this should be
reproducible all the way from the download URL.

--John