Ryanne Thomas Dolan wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 23:27 +0000, David Given wrote:
>> I'd very much prefer Lua's interface to be as thin as possible so
>> that I don't have to learn a whole new API style...

> And I already proposed "a simple means of discovering whether the given
> interface exists" (Rici).  A function is defined if and only if it is
> implemented.  I think this is as "Lua-like" as you can get:
>
> if osex.setenv then osex.setenv ("key", "value") end;

I'd rather have an osex library. I think it would help Lua more than
hurt it. Those who want or need the flexibility and extra features of a
particular implementation can use one of the many quasi-standard
extension libraries already available (posix, etc.). The proposed osex
library is intended to be an additional one, not a replacement.

This is a win in my opinion.

--
Doug Rogers - ICI - V:703.893.2007x220 www.innocon.com