On Wednesday 04 January 2006 17:43, CHU Run-min wrote:
> I want to build a GUI Toolkit for Win32.
> 1)implemented in Lua with simple C support(such as CreateWindow,
> DestroyWindow, SetWindowParent, SetWindowText)
> 2)prototype-based object system
> 3)abstract layout model(maybe like IUP, but implemented in Lua)
> 4)full integrated with native controls

I'm afraid #4 directly contradicts all your other requirements --- not only
will you need to implement a huge interface layer between Lua and the
horrific Windows API in order to access the native controls, but in order to
allow the ability to customise those controls from Lua, you'll need to
implement a *much bigger* and even more horrific interface layer to the GDI,
as well as lots of call outs/call ins from Lua to Win32 and vice versa!

Your best bet, I'm afraid, is either to ditch requirement #4 and draw the
stuff yourself (which will still require bindings for GDI), or else to get
someone else to do all the hard work for you and bind directly to one of the
VB runtimes or Delphi or something like that.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "`Aplysia californica' is your taxonomic
+- www.cowlark.com --+ nature." --- drushel on a.f.c