On Nov 18, 2005, at 3:54 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

Lua 5.1 (beta) has been frozen and is now available for testing at
       http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.1-beta.tar.gz

There is still work to be done on the Makefiles and installation instructions
(as per suggestions by Mike Pall and others), and also on the manual,
but we want to freeze 5.1 beta so that we can concentrate on 5.1 final,
which we still plan to release by the end of the year.

Enjoy.
--lhf

Given that www.lua.org/download.html still points to the beta, and that no major announcements have been made on this list, may I presume that 5.1 is not final yet? Is there any new estimate as to when that might occur?

-- Tim Gogolin