From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of John Klimek
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:46 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Are lua_State's thread safe?

Thanks for the responses...

Suppose that hundreds of users are trying to execute scripts at the
same time.  Won't the system become very slow because each thread
(each user has it's own thread) is trying to grab ahold of a lock on
the lua manager object?  (and thus each script must run when no other
scripts are running)

Would I be better of creating a brand new lua_State for every single
script as it's running that way each thread/user/script can run
simultaneously with the other scripts?