I've been doing quite a lot of "iterate all non-numeric indices" lately (going through XML attributes) and was wondering, have others noticed a need for a "third" iterator, like ipairs() and pairs() are now.

What it would be is like pairs() but skipping any numeric indeces (even negative, and non-integer, so it wouldn't be strictly a negation of ipairs).

Doing this iterator is trivial, and I will do one. But about the survey: would YOU need one, as well?

-ak