I've been trying to find a simple example (or explanation) of this but
I can't seem to locate anything.

What I'm trying to do is two very simple (?) things:

1) Create an object in C++ (or Delphi) and share it with lua.
2) Create a variable in C++ (or Delphi) and share it with lua.

Let's say in C++ I have an object called "NPCManager" and I want to
*directly access* the methods and properties of it using lua.  By
doing this I can share the object with C++ as well as Lua.

Can anybody help me out?