I am looking for either a SNMP library in Lua or a binding to an existing C library. My application for this is very simple and I care only about GET and SET requests on integers and strings against a SNMPv1 agent. I don't care about being able to read MIB files and symbolically address OIDs. I don't care about any exotica possible with SNMP as this is for communication with a fixed embedded system, not SNMP agents in general.

I am aware of LuaMan, but the web page states it is for Lua 2.5, and I doubt it would work on Lua 5.1 without fiddling around with it. And yes, I know about the Net-SNMP library (nee the Carnegie-Mellon SNMP library), but it would be a non-trivial effort to come up with a rational binding to it.

Any suggestions anyone has will be appreciated.