  THanks to all the people that pointed me to luasocket, whilst
 I didn't end up using it in the end it was a useful thing to
 examine.

  I've now got a basic C implmentation of socketing operations
 extremely simplistic and only covering the cases that I need:

	accept() bind() connect() read() write() close();

  (To be honest this is actually more than I need).

  As a proof of concept I put together a *basic* HTTP server
 skellington and a matching client.

	http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/lua-httpd/

  I think this demonstrates that the code works sufficient
 for my future purposes.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/