On Saturday 15 October 2005 22:30, Rici Lake wrote:
> On 15-Oct-05, at 12:53 PM, David Given wrote:
> > I think he means that the metatable is attached to the *lightuserdata*
> > ---
>
> That doesn't work either. Only full userdata have metatables.

You're right, of course. I had conflated a userdata containing four bytes with
a lightuserdata (which are four bytes long). Please, let's just pretend I
said that all along.

> I wonder if he means that he has an undetected memory leak :)

Maybe...

...actually, a thought: if I were to run Lua in an environment managed by a
*real* garbage collector, lik the Boehm libgc, would it be worth my while to
disable Lua's own garbage collector? If so, how?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "I don't like the thought of her hearing what I'm
+- www.cowlark.com --+ Space_