Ariel Manzur wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 03:29:11PM -0400, Doug Rogers wrote:

Henderson, Michael D wrote:

I provide a 'new()' function that creates an object, sticks it in a
newly created table as a lightuserdata with key "__self", and attaches
the metatable to it. The "__gc" key in the metatable is attached to a
function that calls the destructor. This is SHWEET! The metatable's

You have a table with a __gc metamethod and that works? is that a new 5.1 thing?

This didn't work in any 5.1work I tried.  Maybe (hoping) it
started working in 5.1alpha?

Cheers,
--Adam
--