Thomas Harning Jr. wrote:
> I was trying to deal with some issues with my kernel logger and
> realized that if a logger were designed with Lua in mind, it oughtta
> be pretty easy to configure it exactly the way I wanted it.
> Any ideas?

So far I have refrained from adding Lua to the kernel side for
debug/message logging (under LynxOS). It would require thread/interrupt
synchronization. This can be solved, of course, despite the possible
garbage collection issues. But I have found that having interrupts
disabled for the short period of time it takes to check an integer value
and write a small record to the end of a FIFO provides enough
flexibility that I do not need anything more elaborate on the kernel side.

But I do use Lua in my logger daemon in order to get/set debug levels
for registered drivers. I used Lua to avoid the necessity of writing a
command interface. It has been unchanged for a long time now - I never
did get around to more complex reading/selection when pulling messages
out of the FIFO. I haven't really needed it.

I will be interested to see what you come up with.

Doug

--
Doug Rogers - ICI - V:703.893.2007x220 www.innocon.com