On 8-Oct-05, at 9:28 PM, Chris wrote:

Right, I have Lua compiled with USE_LONG so I'm not using floats.  However, that's a good catch because if I switch the printf to a float it seems to be correct (the 5 is due to the float encoding).

 So the question is, why am I getting a float instead of a long?

I can only guess, but my guess is that either you haven't got a consistent build environment. For example, you might have built your app with USE_LONG, but with a library compiled with normal doubles. Or you might have built the library with USE_LONG, but not defined LUA_NUMBER before you #include <lua.h> in your application. Or some variation on those themes.