Short answer is "it's impossible".
It's impossible due to the use of __index-metamethod as an provider of ud-fields. I should develop your own formal way to describe UD's fields (~ formal way of describing valid parameters for __index). IMHO we should at last introduce some common TypeHandling proposal, which will solve such kind of problems.

ADMG,
 Antero Vipunen.

Zulfiqar Malik wrote:

Thanks for the info Rici.

You certainly have confused me a lot :(. However I have another problem and
I have tried to find an answer to that, looking into docs and searching
online but can't seem to find a solution.
Support I have a C structure or a C++ class registered with LUA using some
library such as luabind. How can I get the members of this variable.
Querying the type of such a variable from lua returns LUA_TUSERDATA, but I
can't seem to find a way to enumerate the member variables of this user
data. Can someone point me to a link or article.

Thanks,
Zulfiqar Inayat Malik.