On Sep 19, 2005, at 09:51, Florian Berger wrote:

That might work for a simple case but I'm looking for a general search and I don't want to modify the text to be searched. If I for example first replace "ue" with "ü" and then search for "München" everything is ok but after that I cannot search word "glue".

As mentioned by Philippe, try to convert from accentuated characters to plain ones (both the text and the query).

Additionally, you may want to take a look at Lucene's ISOLatin1AccentFilter:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/ analyzers/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ ISOLatin1AccentFilter.java?content-type=text%2Fplain

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay