On 14 Sep 2005, at 17:57, PA wrote:
On Sep 14, 2005, at 18:52, Lucas Ackerman wrote:
I dislike the suddenly-popular select( "#", ... ) idiom
I doubt it's popular. But it seems to be the only way to fully enumerate a vararg. Sigh...
because it is
uninformative (no selection is made), complicates select with unrelated
behavior, and misappropriates the # symbol.
Amen to that :)

I've obviously not been around wrong enough, but what positives does the new syntax have? From what I can see, it only offers draw backs :/

--
Lisa